The role of Training Engineer focuses on preparing for and delivering highly technical training programs on MathWorks products as they relate to common customer applications. Primary areas of instruction include MATLAB and Simulink Modeling, analysis, Simulation and automatic code generation. The successful Training Engineer will build on his/her experiences in model-based design and embedded software testing to understand customer workflows and effectively get them ramped up on using the integrated model-based design tool chain from MathWorks.
We are open to any of the following locations: Natick, MA, Novi, MI, Plano, TX, or Torrance, CA.
The primary responsibilities of the Training Engineer position include:
- Delivering courses on MathWorks products with the aim of ensuring successful customer adoption
- Working with customers to gather requirements and developing customized curricula for a variety of technical fields
- Providing feedback through reports and systems to our development and sales organizations based on classroom observations
- Identifying and implementing classroom delivery improvements based on student evaluations
- Providing feedback and assistance in the creation or update of course material
- Staying current on new product features and messaging to include in the delivery of courses
- Travel is expected to average two weeks per month (up to 50%)
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- MS in Engineering with focus on system design, controls, or embedded systems
- Strong foundation in engineering mathematics, modeling & simulation, and rapid prototyping
- Knowledge of MATLAB, Simulink and Embedded Coder or similar products as applied to engineering problems
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform computational analysis, modeling and simulation tasks
- Formal presentation or training delivery skills a plus
- Ability to travel 2 weeks/month
- Experience with C and Embedded C
- Static Code Analysis using Polyspace or similar products
- Experience targeting embedded targets
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here