Pre-Sales Application Engineer - Data Analytics
As a Pre-Sales Application Engineer for the Data Analytics / Data Science application areas, you will partner with our most innovative customers to establish MATLAB as a platform for data analytics by
- Developing data analytics and machine learning algorithms in MATLAB
- Integrating MATLAB on cloud platforms
- Deploying applications developed in MATLAB to an enterprise-wide system
You will work in a pre-sales manner with our customers to first identify and understand their technical and business challenges and then develop compelling demonstrations of solutions that help them appreciate how the adoption of MathWorks products add value towards enhancing their workflows.
Using your technical expertise as well as your excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, you will engage customers and prospects in seminars, conference calls, meetings, and through product evaluations to develop a shared vision for success.
- Provide technical pre-sales support and guidance to the India sales organization, prospects, and customers in the domains of statistics, data analytics, machine learning, distributed computing, handling Big Data, and application deployment by:
- Preparing and delivering presentations, demonstrations, and application examples in customer meetings, seminars, and other public events
- Managing product evaluations and developing adoption plans that assist customers in adopting MathWorks products
- Partnering with sales representatives to help develop account and territory level selling strategies
- Identify new trends and application areas and provide feedback to development and marketing teams. Collaborate with the worldwide team on developing compelling messages and demonstrations.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Establish rapport and credibility with our customers across multiple hierarchy levels to build champion users and supporters of our solutions.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Masters degree in Math, Science, or Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge of computational analysis, mathematical modeling, statistics, and algorithm development
- Strong knowledge of machine learning and deep learning algorithms and frameworks
- Strong knowledge of analytics software (such as MATLAB, R, Python)
- Experience with largescale data analysis using parallel and distributed processing algorithms is a plus
- Experience in developing technical software in a professional environment using programming languages such as C, C++, Visual Basic, .NET, JAVA, C#, ASP, COM.
- Experience (and enthusiasm for!) MATLAB is essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers
- This position is based in Bangalore with travel generally throughout India specific to various customer visits and seminars. Travel time can be expected to amount to approximately 30-40% with trips generally no longer than five days. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here