Technical Writer - Automotive Products
Do you have a flair for writing and a talent for explaining complex concepts to technical audiences?
Would you like to teach others how to use software tools to solve challenging automotive engineering problems in calibration, powertrains, advanced driver assist systems (ADAS), and automated driving (AD)?
MathWorks automotive products are powerful software tools that enable engineers to graphically model and simulate complex automotive systems on their computers. Engineers around the world use the tools to develop powertrain and ADAS/AD control systems, reduce fuel emissions, and test vehicle ride and handling.
You might be:
- An experienced electrical, systems, or software engineer considering a career change
- An experienced technical writer with a strong engineering or computer science background
- A recent graduate in engineering or computer science with a keen interest in technical communication
Come join a team that writes sophisticated online help content that teaches engineers and students to use our software to solve their challenging engineering problems.
At MathWorks, we take pride in our documentation and it is a fully-integrated part of our software. As an important member of a multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Work with customer-facing groups and engage directly with customers to learn about the challenging, real-life engineering problems they use Simulink to solve.
- Get hands-on with our software and build the knowledge you need to write interesting, realistic tutorials, examples, and procedures for our users.
- Be an important part of our software development process. Review new features and suggest improvements. Help us design our state-of-the-art tools before we release them to customers.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering, science, mathematics, or other technical area
- Experience using Simulink and MATLAB
- Proven ability to explain complex engineering or science concepts clearly
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional development, quality, and usability teams
- Knowledge of a programming language
- Experience modeling automotive systems, including powertrains and suspensions
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here