Senior Technical Consultant - Model-Based Design
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with experience in and passion for model-based design to join our rapidly-growing Consulting Services team. In this role you will help our customers become self-sufficient in the use of Simulink and associated tools to manage their requirements, build system models, run simulations to enable design decisions, automatically generate and deploy code, and create verification test benches. Industries served include automotive, aerospace, automation, robotics, energy, and medical, among others. Project work may also involve process assessments, software certification, and integrating with third-party tools, as well as MATLAB programming and application development.
This position is available in the following MathWorks’ offices: Novi, MI; Torrance, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Plano, TX.
- Lead consulting engagements with and deliver technical services to customers (~50% of time)
- Collaborate with account teams to articulate the value of model-based design, and create tools adoption and implementation plans
- Conduct discovery and qualification discussions with customers
- Conceive, prototype, and evaluate potential solution strategies
- Work both independently and in teams to ensure customer enablement and success
- Proficiency with Simulink
- Experience with Model-Based Design
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- MS in engineering field
- Proficiency in MATLAB
- Control systems experience
- Physical modeling experience
- Knowledge of C/C++ is a plus
- Customer-facing experience
- Project management experience
- Availability to travel as projects require
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here