Application Engineer - Automated Driving Model Based Design
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with technical experience and interest in the areas of automotive Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving (AD). By deeply engaging and partnering with automotive customers in this area, you will influence the way they develop and verify their systems using MathWorks tools. The work will involve recommending technical approaches using the existing products and developing proof of concept solutions for possible future products. The area of work will include simulation and verification of path planning, perception, and controls algorithms.
This position is located in Novi, MI and travel can be expected up to 20%, generally throughout North America
- Build instant credibility in front of customers by leveraging the industry experience and serve as a primary advisor to select customers for deep technical engagement
- Lead engagements with key Tier-1 suppliers and OEM’s in the ADAS/AD area by presenting MathWorks’ tools capabilities, vision, and lead them by defining technical proof of concept projects and driving them forward
- Work closely with sales and other customer-facing staff to provide technical guidance for successful adoption of MathWorks tools
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Masters or PhD in engineering, computer science or related field
- 7+ years of experience in the automotive industry
- Experience in ADAS/AD algorithm development
- Experience in system level simulation
- Experience with specialized ADAS/AD support tools
- Strong working knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink is preferred
- Experience developing path planning algorithms is preferred
- Experience with multi-sensor data fusion is a plus
- Knowledge of C/C++ is a plus
- Customer facing experience
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here