Senior Technical Consultant - Modelling and Simulation
Do you want to join a worldwide team of exceptional engineers and become an expert in MATLAB and Simulink? We work across the mining, chemical processing, energy production, automotive and aerospace industries on cutting edge technology projects and engineering challenges and are seeking an engineer with experience in modelling and simulation, control design, and real-time software. At MathWorks, you will have an impact on the development of the leading software for engineers and scientists, and opportunities to improve your professional, technical and leadership skills.
A MathWorks Consultant has a unique combination of skills and abilities including:
- Understanding customers' engineering challenges and development processes
- Designing, implementing and explaining solutions to meet customers' requirements
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with key customers
- Learning new software tools and technologies and building deep technical expertise
- Make our major customers in the Australia and New Zealand successful in using the MATLAB and Simulink family of products for control design, physical modelling, and the development of embedded software
- Work hands-on with our customers to overcome difficult research and technical challenges, improve performance and product quality, and reduce development time.
- Deliver high quality coaching, advisory and implementation services on the technical application of MATLAB and Simulink.
- Work with sales and marketing to sell consulting services in the control design and embedded systems markets and the aerospace and automotive industries.
- Manage requirements gathering, scoping and estimation, customer interaction and delivery of consulting projects.
- Work autonomously or as part of a wider team of consultants, application engineers, and developers.
- Collaborate with MathWorks' product development teams to influence the next generation of engineering and scientific tools.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink on engineering projects
- Expertise in mathematical and first-principles modelling of physical systems and controller development
In addition, experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Mining, Mineral Processing, or Process Industry Control System Development
- Model-based design in an aerospace and/or automotive environment
- Development of software tools for engineering and/or scientific applications
- Technical Consulting
- Software development in Structured Text, Ladder, C or C++ for real-time and embedded applications
- Object-oriented design and programming
- Signal processing and time series analysis
- Image processing and computer vision
- Availability to travel as projects require
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.