Senior Application Engineer - Physical Modeling
As a Senior Application Engineer you will work directly, sometimes in great depth, with customers to understand their technical and business challenges and help them appreciate how to apply our products toward the resolution of their problems.
Using your knowledge and experience in the fields of Control Design and Physical Modeling you will establish the value and capabilities of our products in customer meetings, conference calls, through the delivery of seminars, and in the development of product demonstrations to develop a shared vision for success with customers and prospects. Thorough technical know-how and strong presentation and interpersonal skills are key ingredients in your success in this role.
MathWorks core software platforms, MATLAB and Simulink, form the foundation of a Model-Based Design environment. The integration of data analysis, algorithm development, modeling and simulation, automatic production code generation, and reporting into a single software environment is becoming essential for companies that develop embedded systems for diverse applications in industries such as Automotive, Industrial Automation, and Aerospace.
As a successful Senior Application Engineer focused on Control Design / Physical Modeling, you will build on your experiences in modeling and simulation of control algorithms and plant models in electrical and mechatronics domain to effectively communicate the benefits of Model-Based Design to customers.
- Providing technical pre-sales support and guidance to our sales organization and customers in India.
- Working with prospective customers to understand their workflow and using this knowledge to build successful technical sales strategies.
- Leveraging product knowledge and industry experience to give sound recommendations on how solutions from MathWorks can improve the results of customer product development processes.
- Preparing and delivering product presentations and demonstrations at both small customer meetings and to larger audiences at public and private events.
- Developing demonstration programs, application examples, and proof-of-concept models. These are generally used to illustrate the value of our offerings based on typical customer applications.
- Managing product evaluations - Prospective customers may require guidance on how to evaluate our products to prove their value within the constructs of a feasibility project.
- Working closely with the worldwide MathWorks application engineering, development, and marketing organizations to further improve products, to identify new application areas based on customer interactions, and to develop accurate and compelling messaging targeting the marketplace.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Significant experience in modeling and simulating control systems, building mathematical models of a variety of real-world physical systems, and system level simulation
- Strong knowledge of (and enthusiasm for!) the Model-Based Design process and its implications for software development
- Experience with Simulink and Simscape
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated towards working directly with customers
- This position is based in Pune with travel generally throughout India specific to various customer visits and seminars. Travel time can be expected to amount to approximately 30-40% with trips generally no longer than four days. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected.
- Experience preferably in the Automotive or Industrial Automation applications
- Experience with other engineering tools such as AMESim, Modelica, GT-Suite, Cruise, Dymola or CarSim
- Experience on working with real-time simulation of models
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here