Senior Application Engineer
We are seeking a proactive individual to drive our Model-Based Design products in Signal Processing Systems (e.g. Radar, Communications, and Sensor Systems) design in new and existing markets in Australia New Zealand. In this pre-sales role, you will leverage your experiences to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks tools for Signal Processing Systems engineering. You will spend most of your time working with engineers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing their systems.
This position is based in Adelaide Australia. Expect to travel about 20-30% of the time with trips generally no longer than four week-days. Travel will be mostly within Australia and New Zealand.
The Application Engineer (AE) will use her/his technical knowledge and presentation skills in activities that directly and indirectly boost product sales. These activities include:
- Supporting & interacting directly with customers
The AE will use her/his product knowledge and industry experience to engage prospective customers and demonstrate how MATLAB can help them design and deploy signal processing systems. The AE will also gather feedback and identify industry trends during these engagements to contribute to future development and marketing initiatives.
- Developing product “proof-of-concept” demonstrations
AEs build feature rich product demonstrations providing guidance to customers on how to use software to develop and deploy systems that include baseband processing, RF and Analog-Mixed Signal circuitry, audio, DSP, autonomous systems and Radar algorithms. These demonstrations are the proof that our software tools can solve complex, real-world problems.
- Collaborating with development to impact our products
AEs collaborate and work closely with product development to fill product feature gaps and provide requirements for new features
The AE will use MATLAB, Simulink, Signal Processing, Wavelet, Audio, DSP, Phased Array, and other related toolboxes to:
- Design, analyze, and simulate models across many diverse applications areas including Wireless, High speed Wired Communications and Radar.
- Model RF impairments and algorithms that mitigate them.
- Create application examples that use MathWorks tools and third party tools from Agilent, Cadence and Mentor to demonstrate workflows to customers.
- Participate to publication of articles and delivery of seminars and trade Show presentations
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- MS Engineering or science degree + industry experience
- Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in the design and development of signal processing systems
- Experience with lab & test equipment
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience in a relevant technical industry (e.g. Aerospace, Communication/Electronics, Automotive, Energy Production)
- Ph.D in Engineering or science discipline
- Experience with DSPs or FPGAs
- Experience with Mixed-Signal and/or RF Design and/or Radar
- Experience with HDL
- Experience in a customer facing role (Marketing, Application Engineering, Training, Tech Support, Sales, etc.)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.