Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Do you have a passion for emerging technologies with a knack for identifying trends and conceiving innovative solutions in Deep Learning, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, or Computer Vision? Come join us to work together on strengthening our ties with the research community! Be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team that works with academic and industry customers around the world to advance the design of complex engineered systems. Help us with technology transfer and adoption while providing guidance on research directions that have industrial relevance and impact.
As a talented and enthusiastic member of our research team you will:
- Gain insight into industry needs and provide guidance to the research community with publications, presentations, as well as deep technical engagement.
- Contribute to the research community by organizing special sessions, panels, industry talks, grand challenges, and special issues.
- Accelerate research by creating and promoting case studies, benchmarks, interfaces, and prototype solutions.
- Work directly with development engineers to implement relevant product capabilities.
- Help articulate key needs for research customers and provide subject matter expertise to guide the direction of and contribute to our long-term technology roadmap.
- Champion collaborative projects between thought leaders and MathWorks development engineers.
- Identify advanced technology needs and conceive innovative solutions to strengthen our intellectual property portfolio.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with MATLAB
- Ph.D. and two years of postdoctoral experience.
- Experience with Robotics, Deep Learning, and/or Autonomous Driving research.
- Programming experience.
- Significant publication track record in research.
- Experience in organizing the research community.
- Experience in computational modeling and physical implementations.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.