Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Product Security
- Job: 27015-MKAI
- Location: US-MA-Natick
- Department: Product Development
MathWorks is looking for a smart, creative, and passionate fast-learning candidate with experience in web development for large scale databases to join our highly visible, central engineering team focused on Product Security. As a key member of the Product Security Team, you will use your web development and software engineering skills to lead projects, innovate, design, and build new systems, web services and solve complex Product Security problems. You will be responsible for collaborating with infrastructure engineers, quality engineers, project managers and product owners to create a high-quality, scalable vulnerability management application. There is opportunity for impact as part of a growing team and improve the security of all MathWorks products and services.
MathWorks staff enjoy a hybrid work-from-home model featuring both home-office flexibility as well as in-office meeting days for optimized collaboration.
- Research, design, develop and implement web services and applications to support vulnerability management workflow and processes
- Work with Cross functional teams to define and document requirements, technical designs, and architecture
- Implement new features as requested and designed
- Create system integrations between these web services and applications
- Focus on improving performance, availability, and scalability of the system
- Develop workflows and page designs
- Work in an Agile development environment and apply Scrum methodologies
- Build deep relationships with product security and engineering leaders
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience developing full stack web applications in Ruby on Rails, Go, or Java required
- Experience with SQL and databases design is required
- Knowledge of search engine technologies like Solr or ElasticSearch
- Experience with cloud computing: AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Containers, DevSecOps
- Product Security or Application Security experience is a plus
- Growth Mindset
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.