Senior User Experience (UX) Designer - Product Access
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Would you like to join a User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems for customers looking to get access to our world-class technical tools? Join our cross-functional team and lead projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches, to wireframes and prototypes, and into active development until your pixel-perfect designs “go live” to delight our users across the globe.
We’re dedicated to crafting clear and effective designs for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if you:
- Love working on complex problems and workflows
- Can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate
- Enjoy driving the full range of design activities from concepting through final visual design
Our user experience team has over 100 passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing and design. As strategic business partners, we work closely with our product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle to develop new products, features, and enhance existing products.
Learn more about our UX team
As a UX Designer, you will collaborate with members of a cross-functional development team to improve the user experience for MathWorks products and applications. You will follow a user-centered design approach and work collaboratively to research, design, and validate innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Collaborate with development and marketing teams to design delightful appropriate and consistent solutions for obtaining and accessing products and tools from MathWorks as well as tools built by customers for other customers
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and project partner's vision
- Produce design ideas and collaborate with teams to determine which ideas should move forward into detailed design and eventually production, based on usability testing, standard methodologies, and technical input
- Help promote standard methodologies in design, usability, and accessibility within the design and engineering teams and across the company
- Research and showcase industry trends and the latest technologies across mobile, desktop, and Web
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM Degree (e.g., Computer Science, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or other relevant degree)
- Portfolio available for viewing, demonstrating a history in software/Web design
- Proficiency with relevant design tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch)
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to UI representations
- Experience communicating sophisticated interaction design ideas with clarity and persuasion
- Desktop and Web application design experience
- Responsive and accessible design experience is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.