Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
- Are you energized by talking to customers and love tackling challenging problems to deliver solutions?
- Are you interested in improving programming workflows for scientists and engineers?
- Are you passionate about the user experience and want to join a dynamic UX team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems?
- Are you interested in being a core member of the development team that builds products that make the world a better place?
Come join our UX team of over 80 user experience professionals. We are dedicated to delivering useful and usable solutions for our software products.
Learn more about the UX department.
As a UX Researcher, you will collaborate with members of a cross-functional development team to improve the user experience for MathWorks Development employees as they create applications that transform our world. You will follow a user-centered design approach and work collaboratively to research, design, and validate innovative solutions to complex problems:
- Make recommendations about which usability methods to use to answer questions about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints.
- Conduct user research, identify user pains, and analyze user workflows to impact strategy and product direction.
- Act as an advocate for our technical users.
- Run usability tests and perform other usability assessments as appropriate.
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback and provide recommendations for design decisions based on that feedback.
- Contribute to requirements and design documents.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM Degree.
- 3+ years of experience with user centered design in software design and development.
- Knowledge of software development workflows including algorithm development, debugging, etc.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, other programming languages (Python, C++, R, or JS), or GitHub.
- Knowledge of or experience with interaction design and UI design.
- Strong influencing or negotiation skills.
- Experience applying quantitative research techniques.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.