Technical Writer - Engineering Development Group
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Engineering Technical Writers at MathWorks develop content that helps users solve engineering challenges. We are members of product teams that include engineering, quality, marketing, and user experience staff. We share a common goal: to develop leading scientific and engineering software to develop algorithms, model systems, and deploy software.
A successful candidate begins their career in the Engineering Development Group (EDG). As a member of the EDG team, you receive training on MathWorks processes, tools, and customer use cases in core product areas. You also receive technical writing training and coaching before transitioning to the engineering technical writer role.
If you have strong writing skills, love technology, and have a flair for explaining concepts and procedures, we want to hear from you!
* MathWorks has created a hybrid work plan that balances our collaborative philosophy with the flexibility to work from home some of the time. Your recruiter can provide more details.
After training on MathWorks development processes and tools, you will work with the Documentation team to:
- Build product and technical knowledge by supporting our users and responding to inquiries.
- Research and represent product use cases.
- Translate research into content specifications.
- Demonstrate features, workflows, and applications with goal-oriented topics and examples.
- Review and respond to product developments.
- Lead through initiative, process improvements, and mentorship.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Strong programming skills
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Ability to quickly learn and explain engineering procedures and concepts
- Experience with MATLAB is a plus
- Experience with C/C++ is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.