Generated Code Compilation
To produce executable code after source code generation, specify a build process that compiles the generated source code and links object code. You can use a CMake, toolchain, or template makefile approach for building code that you generate from Simulink® models. MATLAB® ships the CMake executable file. Each approach requires the installation of supported build tools. For information about customizing the build process for your development environment, see Code Compilation Customization.
To test numeric equivalence between your model and the generated code, you can use the SIL/PIL Manager.
Initiate Build Process
- Approaches for Building Code Generated from Simulink Models
Choose CMake toolchain, makefile-based toolchain, or template makefile approach for building generated code.
- Configure CMake Build Process
Specify CMake toolchain definition for building generated code.
- Configure Toolchain (ToolchainInfo) or Template Makefile Build Process
Build executable programs from generated code.
- Executable Program Generation
Build executable programs with the code generator.
- Add Build Process Dependencies
Add dependency information for external code to the build process.
- Build Integrated Code Within the Simulink Environment
Add support files and control model code generation and builds within the Simulink Environment.
- Build Process Workflow for Real-Time Systems
Generate C code from a model and build an executable program.
- Rebuild a Model
Rebuild a model after customizing generated source code or makefiles.
- Reduce Build Time for Referenced Models by Using Parallel Builds
Apply parallel builds to reduce build time for large model reference hierarchies.
- Compile Code in Another Development Environment
Relocate generated code and compile in another environment.
- Build Models from Windows Command Prompt
Build models by running MATLAB with a batch file.
- Deploy Component Algorithm as Component Model Library by Using CMake
Deploy component algorithm as a component model library by using CMake.
Test Numeric Equivalence Between Model and Generated Code
- SIL/PIL Manager Verification Workflow
A simplified workflow for verifying generated code.
Identify and fix issues that prevent compiler operation in the build process.