A Matlab code is written to segment the tumor and classify it as Benign or Malignant using SVM.
The features used are DWT+PCA+Statistical+Texture
How to run??
1. Unzip and place the folder Brain_Tumor_Code in the Matlab path and add both the dataset
2. Run BrainMRI_GUI.m and click and select image in the GUI
3. Segment the image and observe the results of classification
4. Evaluate accuracies
The code is loosely based on the paper below (included), please cite and give credit to authors:
 Zhang, Yudong, and Lenan Wu. "An MR brain images classifier via principal component analysis and kernel support vector machine." Progress In Electromagnetics Research 130 (2012): 369-388.
Note: Segmentation of skull regions is an ongoing task, will upload a better code once it is over
Comments and suggestions are always welcome
Thanks in advance
Manu BN (2021). Brain MRI Tumor Detection and Classification (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/55107-brain-mri-tumor-detection-and-classification), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Signal Processing > Wavelet Toolbox >
- AI, Data Science, and Statistics > Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox > Dimensionality Reduction and Feature Extraction >
- Sciences > Neuroscience > Human Brain Mapping > MRI >
- Sciences > Physics > Medical Physics >
- Sciences > Biological and Health Sciences > Biomedical Imaging > MRI >
- Engineering > Biomedical Engineering > Biomedical Imaging >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!