User Experience (UX) Designer- Internal Applications
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Come and join our world-class User Experience team in solving new and exciting design problems in a highly technical area. From early ideas to pixel-perfect designs, you will lead the entire design process to produce designs that delight all our users across the globe.
We're dedicated to designing intuitive and consistent UIs for internal enterprise applications and tools used by the MathWorks team. crafting clear and effective designs for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if:
- You are enthusiastic about resolving user problems through phenomenal design
- You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate
- You enjoy driving the full range of design activities from concepting through final visual design
- Collaborate with development teams to understand MathWorks business goals and design workflows that achieve those goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define the design systems for internal applications
- Work with cross-functional team to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and project partner's vision.
- Produce design ideas and collaborate with teams to determine which ideas should move forward into detailed design and eventually production, based on usability testing, standard methodologies, and technical input
- Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and the latest technologies
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience crafting user experiences for technical/engineering domains
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to visual representations
- Experience communicating sophisticated interaction design ideas with clarity and persuasion
- Desktop or web application design experience
- Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Figma and other relevant design tools
- Experience designing for internal enterprise systems a plus
- Portfolio available for viewing, highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions linked in your resume is required to be considered for this opportunity
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.