Get more out of MATLAB® and Simulink® by upgrading to the latest versions of your products. Most users can download the latest release and get started using the new features right away.
Users who rely on critical applications and models built in MATLAB and Simulink see the benefits of upgrading regularly.
- Maximize the value of your MATLAB and Simulink software
- Take advantage of the features you requested
- Increase workflow efficiency and build confidence in your solutions
- Save time by upgrading regularly
Maximize the value of your MATLAB and Simulink software
Get the most out of MathWorks Software Maintenance Service. Every year, MathWorks delivers a steady stream of new technology, customer-requested product enhancements, and quality improvements. Join other companies in taking advantage of the features that you are helping to improve.
"When new tools become available to improve your process, you have to maintain a growth opportunity to make use of them."Danilo Viazzo, Millennium Engineering Integration Company
Take advantage of the features you requested
We listen when you request innovative new features. Customer-requested enhancements include an AUTOSAR interface, DO-178 standards compliance, and the new MATLAB graphics system.
If you’re not upgrading, you’re missing out on features that can improve your workflow. On average, we deliver over 800 customer-requested enhancements each year.
Increase workflow efficiency. Build confidence in your designs.
MATLAB and Simulink evolve with each release, allowing you to work faster and more efficiently. As we continue to build on our products, you can streamline your code and models using the latest features. This gives you more confidence in your answers and helps promote consistent development processes.
"You see these new options and you think about things differently. It just gets you really excited about what you do."Tom Allen, Triumph Engine Control Systems LLC
Save time by upgrading regularly
Establishing a systematic upgrading cadence is the key to a more fluid and efficient upgrade experience. You can take advantage of new features without spending much time in the upgrade process. Get the most out of your software by upgrading regularly.
Most users can upgrade easily to each release, while users with critical applications and models need to balance the cost of upgrading with the benefits.
MathWorks recommends the following process for upgrading critical applications to newer versions of MATLAB and Simulink:
- Assess: Understand the overall effect of the upgrade, and determine if the benefits outweigh the costs.
- Plan: Define the overall scope and plan for the project.
- Migrate: Convert code, models, and custom tools in an iterative manner to the new version.
- Test: Ensure that the code and models are equivalent between the new and previous versions.
- Release and Support: Release the upgraded code and models, and support the rest of the organization through the upgrade process with a dedicated team.
We Can Help
Have questions? Create a service request to contact us for troubleshooting tips or for assistance with your upgrade.
Learn how MathWorks consultants can help your organization upgrade MATLAB and Simulink.