Product Requirements & Platform Availability for MATLAB Online Server
MATLAB Online Server™ lets you host MATLAB Online™ on-premises or on your cloud environment.
MATLAB Online Server is compatible with Linux® only.
- Supported operating systems:
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Red Hat 7.x
- Red Hat OpenShift 4.x
- Also supported on cloud environments like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and their managed Kubernetes variants
- Once the server has been configured by the IT team, MATLAB users can log in to MATLAB Online from a compatible browser on any platform.
- Authentication Protocols: LDAP, SAML
- File Systems: NFS, Persistent Volumes , Ephemeral Disks
- Data platforms (like Cloudera and Databricks), databases (like SQL Server) and cloud storage solutions (like Amazon S3)
- MATLAB Online Server uses Kubernetes for orchestration. In the absence of Kubernetes, it downloads and installs components from an appropriate version. Supported versions include:
- 1.16 to 1.20
- versions supported by OpenShift 4.x
- It also requires you to build a MATLAB Docker image during the configuration process.
- Only MATLAB versions R2020a and beyond are supported.
- For license management, MATLAB Online Server requires the FlexLM network license manager.
- Superuser privileges are required for installation.
- For production use, the computer running MATLAB Online Server should meet or exceed the minimum hardware recommendations listed in the table below.
- Note that the system requirements for MATLAB Online Server installation can vary based on many factors, including number of users and the number and size of artifacts.
- Core count is based on ‘physical’ cores. Physical cores can represent bare-metal hardware or cores on a virtual machine (VM). Hyperthreading is ignored for the purposes of counting cores.
- You need a minimum of 2 physical cores. If your computer does not meet these requirements, the setup program will not install MATLAB Online Server.
- Additionally, it is highly recommended to install MATLAB Online Server on a dedicated instance (bare-metal or VM) that is not also running resource-intensive applications, such as databases or application servers.
|Processor||CPU/GPU||RAM||Free Disk Space|
|Single Node||64-bit||8-core, 2.0 GHz or higher||32 GB||50 GB|
|Per concurrent MATLAB session||64-bit||4-core, 2.0 GHz or higher||8 GB||6 GB|
Product Requirements – MATLAB Online
- MATLAB Online is compatible with most modern browsers running on Windows®, Mac, Linux and Chrome OS. Specifically, the current versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Edge are supported.
- For the best overall experience, we recommend using Google Chrome.
- Support for Microsoft Internet Explorer has been discontinued.
Browser Settings and Features
- Cookies are required to be enabled.
- Pop-ups are required to be enabled.
- Zoom (ctrl +/- and mouse wheel) capability is not supported.
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- In addition to a license for MATLAB Online Server, usage of MATLAB Online requires a MATLAB license. This license is required to be a Concurrent license or a Network Named User license.
- Supported MATLAB versions: R2020a and beyond.
- MATLAB Online is currently not supported on smartphones or tablets.
- See more about Supported Toolboxes.
Introduced in R2020a
View requirements for another product: