Update TalkBack Command
Update command in TalkBack queue
(Required) TalkBack ID, specified as a positive integer.
(Required) Command ID for the command of interest, specified as a positive integer.
Format for the HTTP response, specified as
(Required) API key for this specific instance of TalkBack. The TalkBack key is different from the channel and user API keys.
Command to be sent to your device. Each command_string is limited to 255 characters.
For the full list, see Error Codes.
Use POSTMAN to Update a TalkBack Command
You can use POSTMAN to try out your HTTP requests using the RESTful API for ThingSpeak. This example shows how to add a TalkBack command to an existing queue using POSTMAN.
Change the TalkBack command
BUCKLESHOE to an existing
TalkBack queue with the TalkBack ID
PUT https://api.thingspeak.com/talkbacks/23341/commands/15200362.xml api_key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX command_string=CLOSEDOOR
In POSTMAN, select PUT from the drop-down list of HTTP verbs, and enter
https://api.thingspeak.com/talkbacks/TALKBACK_ID/commands/in the address bar. Change
TALKBACK_IDto your TalkBack ID.
Enter the parameter
api_keyand your TalkBack API key, which is found in Apps > TalkBack> YOUR TALKBACK NAME.
Enter the additional parameters and values:
The response is in XML format. Note the server response value of 200 OK, which indicates successful update of your TalkBack command.
The updated command is now available in your TalkBack queue.
- Queue Commands Using the TalkBack App From MATLAB
- Monitor and Act on Channel Inactivity Using ThingSpeak Apps
- Control a Light with TalkBack on Arduino
- Channel Update and Light Control on Arduino
- Control a Light with TalkBack on ESP8266
- Channel Update and Light Control with ESP8266
- Control a Light with TalkBack on ESP32
- Channel Update and Light Control with ESP32