Earth albedo is the sunlight reflected off the Earth's surface. The Earth albedo induces power in solar cells on spacecrafts just like direct sunlight. The Earth Albedo Toolbox may be used to calculate the amount of Earth albedo arriving at an object in space, maintaining information of direction of the Earth albedo, useful for objects in low Earth-orbit. The Earth Abledo model is useful for investigating excess energy produces by solar panels, and for improving vector observations by Sun sensors. A Simulink interface is provided with toolbox.
Dan Bhanderi (2023). Earth Albedo Toolbox (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/11226-earth-albedo-toolbox), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Mathematics and Optimization > Mapping Toolbox >
- Mathematics and Optimization > Mapping Toolbox > Map Display >
- Industries > Energy Production > Solar Power >
- Industries > Aerospace And Defense > CubeSat and Satellites >
- Aerospace > Aerospace Blockset > Reference Applications >
- Sciences > Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences > Earth and Planetary Science >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!