Updated Thu, 20 Apr 2023 03:27:53 +0000
This demonstration shows a combination of:
1) Finite element analysis (FEA) of solid body heat transfer with non-linear material properties
2) Optimisation of an output of the FEA
specifically related to a real world problem. We walk through the general process, which is:
1) Generate a representative FEA solver wrapped into a function
2) Use Surrogate Optimisation to find a close, but fast, approximation of the global optimum
3) Deploy a local solver based on the output of the Surrogate Optimisation to polish and find the global optimum
We will look at the case of a current carrying conductor that is buried underground. In this case we want to maximise the current that can be carried subject to the insulator staying below a fixed temperature.
Peter Brady (2023). pde-optimisation (https://github.com/mathworks/pde-optimisation/releases/tag/V1.3.0), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/mathworks/pde-optimisation/releases/tag/V1.3.0
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/mathworks/pde-optimisation/releases/tag/V1.2.0
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/mathworks/pde-optimisation/releases/tag/v1.1.0