Create interactive course assignments
Automatically grade student work and provide feedback
Run your assignments in any learning environment
MATLAB Grader™ lets you scale assessments and automatically grade MATLAB® coding assignments in any learning environment. You can use MATLAB Grader for formative assessments with automated feedback and summative assessments such as quizzes and exams.
Features are accessible anywhere that you use MATLAB Grader:
- Browser-based authoring environment—nothing to install or maintain
- Ability to create and share assignments in MATLAB
- Rich text, images, hyperlinks, and LaTeX equations in problem descriptions
- Responsive layout for use beyond desktops for all users
Learn How Educators Teach with MATLAB Grader
Whether you use a Learning Management System (LMS), a MOOC platform, or publisher courseware, you can use MATLAB Grader to deliver automatically graded assessments from MATLAB. If you don’t have your own learning environment, you can use a hosted assessment environment provided by MathWorks.
“The fact that you can get immediate feedback (or confirmation) on a quite complicated piece of code is really neat, and without it, debugging your own code would really be a mess. It also motivated me to get 100% score on all the MATLAB assignments.”Juoost P., Virginia Tech Student
Over 20 million student submissions
- Log in to MATLAB Grader and try hands-on examples and assessment content for free
- Build and assign your assignments from within your preferred learning environments, then share them with your students
- If you are an instructional designer, system administrator, or learning technology specialist, explore resources for setting up MATLAB Grader in your Learning Management System
Use Autograded Student Solutions with Custom Scoring Rubrics and Learning Analytics
- Select options for pass/fail and weighted grading
- See details about concepts where students are struggling
- Deliver real-time, contextual feedback to students on their solutions
- Access solution maps showing size, time of arrival, and distance from the reference solution
- View a complete history of students’ attempts to find the correct solution
- Review student outcomes (available to instructors and authorized teaching assistants)
MATLAB Grader is included with your MATLAB license
MATLAB Grader is free to anyone with a MATLAB license that is current under maintenance. To create assessment content, all you need is a MathWorks® account to log in.
Students: have you been invited to a course by your instructor?
Click the link in the email and log in with your MathWorks Account—no download is required to get started.
Does your school have a license?
Integration with your LMS requires your school to have a Campus-Wide License or Community and Technical College License.