Simulink is for Model-Based Design
From Concept to Operation
To transform development of complex systems, market-leading companies adopt Model-Based Design by systematically using models throughout the entire process.
- Use a virtual model to simulate and test your system early and often
- Validate your design with physical models, Hardware-in-the-Loop testing, and rapid prototyping
- Generate production-quality C, C++, CUDA, PLC, Verilog, and VHDL code and deploy directly to your embedded system
- Maintain a digital thread with traceability through requirements, system architecture, component design, code and tests
- Extend models to systems in operation to perform predictive maintenance and fault analysis
Simulink is for Simulation
Design and simulate your system before moving to hardware
Explore a wide design space and test your systems early with multidomain modeling and simulation.
- Quickly evaluate multiple design ideas in one multidomain simulation environment
- Simulate large-scale system models with reusable components and libraries including specialized, third-party modeling tools
- Deploy simulation models for desktop, real-time, and Hardware-in-the-Loop testing
- Run large simulations on multicore desktops, clusters, and the cloud
Simulink is for Model-Based Systems Engineering
Design, analyze, and test system and software architectures
Model-based systems engineering (MBSE) is the application of models to support the full system lifecycle. Simulink bridges development from requirements and system architecture to detailed component design, implementation, and testing.
- Capture and decompose requirements
- Define and elaborate specifications for components, compositions, and architectures
- Establish a single-source for architecture and component-level interfaces
- Perform analysis and trade studies using MATLAB
- Validate requirements and verify system architectures using simulation-based tests
Simulink is for Agile Software Development
Agile software development helps teams deliver value to their customers faster using short iteration cycles with an emphasis on continuous integration and team collaboration. Simulation, automated testing, and code generation shorten the development cycle, enabling you to become a successful Agile team.
- Develop and run simulation tests in an automation server to continuously verify new design iterations
- Perform more analysis and testing on the desktop before going to hardware
- Deliver working software through simulations that customers can evaluate
- Respond to changing requirements quicky through model updates and simulation
- Make progress visible to key stakeholders with automated reports and dashboards
“Simulink is particularly helpful in two stages of our development process. Early on, it helps us try new ideas and visualize how they will work. After generating code and conducting in-vehicle tests, we can run multiple simulations, refine the design, and regenerate code for the next iteration.”Jonny Andersson, Scania