MATLAB support package for Raspberry Pi lets you write MATLAB programs that communicate with your Raspberry Pi and acquire data from the board’s GPIO pins, cameras, and other connected devices. Because MATLAB is a high-level interpreted language, it is easy to prototype and refine algorithms for your Raspberry Pi projects. MATLAB includes thousands of built-in math and plotting functions that you can use for Raspberry Pi programming, covering domains such as image and video processing, optimization, statistics, and signal processing.
Using MATLAB for Raspberry Pi programming lets you:
- Analyze Raspberry Pi sensor data using thousands of prebuilt functions for image processing, signal processing, mathematical modeling, and more
- Quickly visualize your data using the vast array of MATLAB plot types
- Use the same software to program other hardware devices, such as Arduino® and BeagleBone Black
MATLAB Coder™ extends the support package to help automate integration, execution, and verification of the generated code from your MATLAB algorithm as a standalone application on the Raspberry Pi.
Simulink Support Package for Raspberry Pi lets you develop algorithms in Simulink, a block diagram environment for modeling dynamic systems and developing algorithms, and run them standalone on your Raspberry Pi. The support package extends Simulink with blocks for configuring your Raspberry Pi, sending and receiving UDP packets, and reading and writing data from sensors. This includes writing data to the free ThingSpeak data aggregation service for Internet of Things applications.
After creating your Simulink model, you can simulate it, tune algorithm parameters until you get it just right, and download the completed algorithm for standalone execution on the device. With the MATLAB Function block, you can incorporate MATLAB code into your Simulink model.
Using Simulink for Raspberry Pi programming lets you:
- Develop and simulate your algorithms in Simulink and use automatic code generation to run them on the device
- Incorporate signal processing, control design, state logic, and other advanced math and engineering routines in your Raspberry Pi programming projects
- Interactively tune and optimize parameters as your algorithm runs on your Raspberry Pi
In addition to using Simulink Support Package for Raspberry Pi, you can generate readable and portable C code from MATLAB algorithms and deploy it on a Raspberry Pi using Raspberry Pi support from MATLAB Coder.