Capabilities and Features
Simulink Support Package for Android™ Devices lets you program and run algorithms on Android smartphones and tablets. The support package includes a library of Simulink blocks for accessing the device's sensors, capturing and playing audio and video, creating UI widgets and communicating with other devices through a network interface.
You can design signal or image processing algorithms and applications for Android devices from Simulink. You can monitor and fine-tune the application using the sensors of your smartphone or tablet. Then you can deploy the finished application to your Android hardware with the click of a button.
The support package includes:
- Library of Simulink blocks that program your Android device I/O, including inputs such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, magnetic field, ambient temperature, camera, location (GPS), humidity, light, pressure; and outputs to the device display and speaker
- Interactive parameter tuning of outputs and signal monitoring of sensor inputs for applications running on your Android smartphone or tablet
- ThingSpeak read and write blocks to send and receive data between the mobile device and ThingSpeak
- Data logging from sensors and signals into MAT files saved on the Android device
- Model deployment on a mobile app for standalone operation on the device. The app can include touchscreen widgets, such as sliders, buttons, scopes, text, and data displays, and communicate to other hardware via TCP/IP, UDP, and Bluetooth®
- Generation of Android Studio compatible projects
Platform and Release Support
See the hardware support package system requirements table for current and prior version, release, and platform availability.
View enhancements and bug fixes in release notes.
Join the Community
Ask a question or share your files with the MATLAB community.