Coding Standards & Code Metrics
To specify which coding standards you want to check, for instance, MISRA C™:2012 or AUTOSAR C++14, use the coding standard options. To see code complexity metrics in your analysis results, for instance, cyclomatic complexity and number of calling or called functions, use the code metrics option.
Coding Standards: C
|Check for violation of MISRA C:2004 rules|
|Check for violation of MISRA AC AGC rules|
|Check for violations of MISRA C:2012 rules and directives|
|Check for violations of MISRA C:2012 rules and directives that apply to generated code|
|Specify data types that coding rule checker must treat as effectively Boolean|
|Check for violations of CERT C rules and recommendations|
|Check for violations of ISO/IEC TS 17961 rules|
Coding Standards: C++
Coding Standards: All
|Define a custom set of coding standards checks for your analysis|
|Check for weaknesses in your code that are enumerated in CWE (Since R2023a)|
|Follow naming conventions for identifiers|
|Check for violations of Guidelines (Since R2021a)|
|Specify pragma directives that are documented|
- Specify Polyspace Analysis Options
Specify Polyspace® analysis options in Polyspace user interface, other IDE-s or scripts.
- Check for and Review Coding Standard Violations
Check for violations of AUTOSAR C++14, CERT® C, CERT C++, CWE, MISRA C, MISRA™ C++, JSF AV C++, or ISO-17961 standards with Polyspace Bug Finder.
- Create Custom Coding Rules
Enforce naming conventions and other style guidelines on C/C++ code with Polyspace.
- Reduce Software Complexity by Using Polyspace Checkers
Enable and configure the software complexity checkers to identify issues that make your code difficult to read, understand, and debug.
MISRA or JSF Rules
Code Complexity Metrics
Modify Checker Behavior
- Modify Default Behavior of Bug Finder Checkers
Extend or constrain the default behavior of defect or coding standard checkers using Polyspace analysis options.
- Modify Bug Finder Checkers Through Code Behavior Specifications
- Flag Deprecated or Unsafe Functions, Keywords, or Macros Using Bug Finder Checkers
- Extend Bug Finder Checkers for Standard Library Functions to Custom Libraries
- Extend Bug Finder Checkers to Find Defects from Specific System Input Values
- Extend Concurrency Defect Checkers to Unsupported Multithreading Environments
- Extend Checkers for Initialization to Check Function Arguments Passed by Pointers
- Extend Data Race Checkers to Atomic Operations