If you are able to launch MATLAB
To update your license manually from within MATLAB, perform the following steps:
- On the MATLAB toolstrip in Resources, click the down arrow under Help.
- Click Licensing.
- Select Update Current Licenses...and follow the prompts to update your license.
- Restart MATLAB.
If you are unable to launch MATLAB
If your license file has expired or there is another license reason preventing MATLAB from starting, you can update your license by launching the MATLAB activation client.
If you cannot connect to the Internet
If the computer that is running MATLAB cannot connect to the internet, you can download a license file manually from www.mathworks.com on an internet-connected computer and copy the license file to the offline computer.
- Sign into www.mathworks.com.
- Click your profile picture in the top right and then select My Account.
- Select your license number from the list.
- Click the Install and Activate tab.
- On the right-hand side, under Related Tasks, select Activate to Retrieve License File.
- Fill out all required fields and follow prompts. Click Continue.
- At Next Steps, click Download License File.
- Skip Step 2 and click Done.
- Copy the license file to the licenses folder on the offline machine. The following support article contains instructions for finding license file folders on various operating systems: