This package contains two functions CELLEQ and STRUCTEQ which compare two cell arrays or two structures respectively. The cells/structs may internally contain more nested cell and struct arrays which are compared recursively.
* Support for nested structures/cell arrays
* Return of full stack information on where the two cells/structs differ
* Control for comparison of Function handles within structs/cells
* Control for comparison of NaN properties
[iseq, info]= celleq(cell1, cell2, funh2string, ignorenan)
[iseq, info] = structeq(struct1, struct2, funh2string, ignorenan)
* iseq is true if all elements and subelements of the two cells or structs are identical
* info is a structure that contains a field "Reason" which gives you a text stack of why the difference occurred as well as a field "Where" which contains the indices of the element and subelement where the comparison failed.
* (optional) funh2string, if true, instructs function handle comparisons to return true if the string representations of the function handles are the same.
* (optional) ignorenan, if true, will return true for nan == nan. By default both properties are set to false
>> g = surf(peaks(50));
>> hg1 = handle2struct(gcf);
>> set(g,'XDataMode', 'manual');
>> hg2 = handle2struct(gcf);
>> [iseq, info] = structeq(hg1, hg2)
Reason: [1x137 char]
>> [iseq, info] = structeq(hg1, hg2, true)
Reason: [1x188 char]
Ameya Deoras (2020). Compare Nested Cell & Struct Arrays Recursively (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/27542-compare-nested-cell-struct-arrays-recursively), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!