Collocation-based spectral-element toolbox
Updated Mon, 01 Apr 2013 13:48:51 +0000
Following in the spirit of Trefethen’s “Spectral Methods in MATLAB”, this toolbox provides concise functions and test scripts for a collocation-based spectral-element scheme.
- choice of Chebyshev or Legendre collocation points
- flexible domain decomposition
- support for the p-element and hp-element methods of spatial refinement
- automatic barycentric interpolation
- hassle-free enforcement of global continuity across element boundaries
- hassle-free treatment of some non-rectangular domains (e.g. square duct)
- automatic reduction to the standard pseudospectral scheme, as a special case of the spectral-element method.
Example scripts include:
- linear second-order and fourth-order ODEs and PDEs
- nonlinear ODEs and PDEs
- linear eigenvalue equations (second-order and fourth-order)
- a non-conformal scheme for localized spatial refinement.
Nathaniel Jewell (2023). Collocation-based spectral-element toolbox (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/41011-collocation-based-spectral-element-toolbox), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Mathematics and Optimization > Partial Differential Equation Toolbox > General PDEs > Eigenvalue Problems >
Inspired by: Legendre Collocation Differentiation
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.