Embedded Coder Support Package for STMicroelectronics STM32 Processors
Generate code optimized for STMicroelectronics STM32 Processor based boards
Updated Wed, 15 Mar 2023 00:00:00 +0000
Embedded Coder® Support Package for STMicroelectronics STM32 Processors enables users to build, load, and run Simulink models on STM32 devices using two separate workflows included in this support package. Any STM32F4xx, STM32F7xx, STM32G4xx and single core STM32H7xx family processor based boards are supported using STM32CubeMX-generated peripheral configurations and few ST Discovery boards are supported using built-in peripheral configurations.
Capabilities of both workflows include:
- Rapid prototyping of algorithms on-chip using automated build, deploy, and execution
- Perform real-time parameter tuning and logging using external mode
- Perform processor-in-the-loop (PIL) with execution profiling
- Generate processor optimized code, including CMSIS-DSP
- Driver block libraries for on-chip and on-board peripherals such as ADC, digital I/O, PWM, SPI, I2C, CAN FD and more (varies by support package and workflow)
STM32CubeMX workflow specific capabilities include:
- Support for peripheral configuration using STM32CubeMX integration
- Suitable for generation of production code used in high volume deployment
- Includes peripheral driver blocks for digital I/O, ADC, PWM, and IRQ
- Speed motor control development with example models for Motor Control Blockset™
- Supported Hardware: any STM32F4xx, STM32F7xx, STM32G4xx, single core STM32H7xx, STM32L4xx, STM32L5xx, and STM32WBxx based board (Nucleo, Discovery, or custom)
Discovery board specific capabilities include:
- Peripheral driver blocks for digital I/O, ADC, PWM, IRQ, I2C, SCI, and SPI
- Board-specific audio, MODBUS®, WiFi, ThingSpeak™, and environmental sensors blocks
- Supported Hardware: STM32F746G-Discovery, STM32F769I-Discovery, STM32L475VG-Discovery (B-L475E-IOT01A), STM32F4-Discovery
For detailed information, view the online documentation and examples. View videos on how to install the package and how to deploy your first model.
This support package is functional for R2013b and beyond. STM32CubeMX workflow was added in 2021b. See release notes for details.
Note: This support package was formerly known as Embedded Coder Support for STMicroelectronics Discovery Boards till 2021b.
For download or installation issues, please contact MathWorks Technical Support.
For easy-to-use support of STM32 Nucleo boards, consider the Simulink Coder Support Package for STMicroelectronics Nucleo Boards.
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Created with R2014a
Compatible with R2014a to R2023a
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Code Generation > Embedded Coder > Deployment, Integration, and Supported Hardware > Embedded Coder Supported Hardware >
- Code Generation > Embedded Coder > Deployment, Integration, and Supported Hardware > Embedded Coder Supported Hardware > ARM Cortex-M Processors >
- Code Generation > Embedded Coder > Deployment, Integration, and Supported Hardware > Embedded Coder Supported Hardware > STMicroelectronics Discovery Boards >
Find more on Embedded Coder Supported Hardware in Help Center and MATLAB Answers
Inspired: STM32F4 Discovery Board Programming with Embedded Coder
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.