I made this GUI using GUIDE in order to read las file (Log ASCII Standard) and display well log curves.
It has the following functions:
1. read las file and edit well log curves.
2. plot selected well log curves
3. enable user to activate a log reading line so sample points and their readings will be highlighted once mouse hovers to that depth
4. lithology picking mode enable user to pick lithologic boundaries and the program will automatically block the picked boundaries and distinguish different lithologies with user specified colors
5. all the data can be exported to base workspace for further analysis.
6. It provides easy key board control for well log curves:
upper arrow and down arrow will scroll log curves up and down
pageup and page down keys will scroll half screen
This app is now able to fulfill its task: read las file -> display well log curves -> pick lithologies,
but it takes time to be further polished.
Chen Qi (2022). Well log interpreter (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/51181-well-log-interpreter), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired by: SeisLab 3.01
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!