Spectral and XYZ Color Functions
Updated Mon, 08 Nov 2010 10:33:39 +0000
This is the beginning of a set of functions for working with color as wavelengths (spectral color) and in the xyY and XYZ color spaces.
Current functionality includes:
spectrumLabel - Add a color bar containing the visible spectrum to a plot's X axis.
spectrumRGB - Converts wavelengths of light to equivalent RGB values (in the sRGB space).
colorMatchFcn - Raw data of popular color matching functions (spectra to XYZ) for various standard observers:
* CIE 1931 2-degree
* CIE 1964 10-degree
* CIE 1931 2-degree modified by Judd (1951)
* CIE 1931 2-degree modified by Judd (1951) and Vos (1978)
* Stiles and Burch 2-degree (1955)
* Stiles and Burch 10-degree (1959)
illuminant - Raw data for the A, D65, and E standard illuminants.
Jeff Mather (2023). Spectral and XYZ Color Functions (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/7021-spectral-and-xyz-color-functions), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Processing Toolbox > Image Segmentation and Analysis > Image Segmentation > L*a*b* Color Space >
- MATLAB > Graphics > Images > Modify Image Colors >
Inspired: Perceptually improved colormaps
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.