Updated 04 Nov 2021
This MATLAB tool makes parallel coordinates plots with paper quality. Parallel coordinates plots allows the visualization of high-dimensional data.
The following features are implemented:
- Filtering and sorting of the variables
- Scaling of the range of the variables
- Find the color of the lines composing the plot
- Extract and highlight special lines
- Plot the ranges of the different variables
The tool is able to handle large amount of data:
- For large datasets, a single vector plot is generated
- For large datasets, a vector plot is generated with the axis and a raster plot with the data
This tool is developed by the Power Electronic Systems Laboratory at ETH Zurich and is available under the BSD License. The code is also available on the ETH Data Archive.
In the example, the design space diversity of a medium-frequency transformer is considered:
The tool is tested with the following MATLAB setup:
- Tested with MATLAB R2018b or 2019a
- No toolboxes are required.
- Compatibility with GNU Octave not tested but probably easy to achieve.
- Thomas Guillod, ETH Zurich, Power Electronic Systems Laboratory - GitHub Profile
- This project is licensed under the BSD License, see LICENSE.md.
- This project is copyrighted by: (c) 2016-2020, ETH Zurich, Power Electronic Systems Laboratory, T. Guillod.
Thomas Guillod (2022). parallel_coordinates_matlab (https://github.com/ethz-pes/parallel_coordinates_matlab), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!