This string efficiency model of suspension insulator is designed in Matlab/simulink software.
For this purpose, an example from the Book Principles of Power System Analysis by V K mehta, Chapter 8, Example 8.1 is considered. However, I have modified the example and applied all string efficiency improvement methods to clarify the concept.
I have designed how to measure the voltages across each insulator disc and measure the string efficiency.
Following main objectives have been designed in the matlab/Simulink.
1. String Efficiency Model without the Effect of Shunt Capacitance.
2. String Efficiency Model including the Effect of Shunt Capacitance.
3. String Efficiency Improvement Model using Longer Cross Arm Method
4. String Efficiency Improvement Model using Guard Ring Method.
5. How to Achieve 100% String Efficiency using Longer Cross Arm method and Guard Ring Method.
The modelling of this string efficiency model of suspension insulator in MATLAB SIMULINK can be leanred by watching this video tutorial.
Dr. J. A. Laghari (2021). String Efficiency Model of Suspension Insulator in SIMULINK (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/93805-string-efficiency-model-of-suspension-insulator-in-simulink), MATLAB Central File Exchange.