Add-On Explorer currently unavailable
178 views (last 30 days)
Show older comments
K G on 18 Jun 2016
Commented: LALILI Djaafer on 25 Apr 2023
When will Add-On Explorer will be unavailable again? The problem remains for more than 2 months. Is there an alternative solution? Our work falls behind because of that.
Antonio Garcia-Martinez on 23 Aug 2016
Same problem, I have to install toolboxes and apps manually http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_env/get-add-ons.html
More Answers (13)
Shamnad on 25 Feb 2017
Try running Matlab with administrative privileges. That is, in Windows right click on the Matlab icon and select the 'Run as administrator' option from the menu. Try opening the Add-on Explorer now and if you have a valid License, then you'll find it working. :)
Akhtar Jamil on 29 Oct 2016
You can manually install the adons using the installation files.
For details see the link below
EkoSusatio on 17 Dec 2016
Edited: EkoSusatio on 22 Jan 2019
This is my experience and its working for me with R2106B and Win10. I will give you an example with case of installing OS Generic Video Interface to enable Matlab 2016B accessing webcam.
1. Download Support Package via browser here (or maybe another link) https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/video-capture-device.html. Click on Get Support Package. Save the "osgenericvideointerface.mlpkginstall" in any folder you prefer.
2. Start Matlab R2016B and select the prefered folder where "osgenericvideointerface.mlpkginstall" saved.
3. In the Current Folder of Matlab interface, rightclick on "osgenericvideointerface.mlpkginstall", choose download and install.
4. Follow the installation procsess.
5. Check with "imaqhwinfo", in the InstalledAdapter there should be "winvideo" there.
I think for other case, it will also work. I tried with package for OS Generic and Kinect. If you need another package, just search the "*.mlpkginstall" file and follow the step above. Good Luck
Mir Pias on 18 Oct 2016
Still not working, using 2016b
soyoung shin on 30 Nov 2016
It still unavailable............. R2015b windows10
Sissuire on 12 Dec 2016
Edited: Sissuire on 12 Dec 2016
unavailable....not working (R2016a)
Liang Wei on 23 Jan 2017
I solved by using this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRDzDD3jYYI
Rabia Afzal on 23 Sep 2017
How can I get the valid license? is it necessary to have a valid license.. I mean I am a student, how can i fix this error. please anyone help me,
Walter Roberson on 23 Sep 2017
Student Suite can be purchased through the Mathworks web site. Sometimes universities make licenses available to students.
Michael on 2 Apr 2019
I was having a problem with this on my Mac running R2018b. I was able to get to the 'Add-On Explorer' by:
1. Clicking the 'Add-Ons' drop down in Matlab.
2. Then clicking on 'Manage Add-Ons.'
3. Within the 'Add-On Manager' window, in the upper right hand of the window is 'Get Add-Ons.' Click on this.
This brought up the 'Add-On Explorer' without a problem.
I hope this helps.
Jay Vaidya on 4 Sep 2020
Please try to run the following in the MATLAB Command Window:
>> opengl software
And then try opening the Add on explorer again. It worked for me.
If that works, you can save the preference so that MATLAB always opens with Software OpenGL by running:
Find more on Introduction to Installation and Licensing in Help Center and File Exchange
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!