Niraj, thank you for your reply. I believe that I have identified the issue: 1) I inadvertently set the numberOfVariables to 2 instead of 1. This caused the issue with the dimensions. 2) However, when I set a breakpoint in the vectorized_multiobjective.m function, I discovered that the first call to this function only issues an individual, not a population of 50 as expected. Then, there is a second call to the function with a vectorized population of 49 individuals. After this call to the function, all subsequent calls are vectorized for 50 individuals. In my prior usage of vectorized single objective ga, the vectorized populations start from the first call to the function, so this difference in the gamultiobj was unexpected for me and the function that I developed to evaluate the vectorized population was not written to account for this difference.
Now that I understand how the population of the first generation is vectorized differently that the remaining populations, I should be able to modify my vectorized function appropriately. Thank you for your assistance.