Add static images with APP designer
773 views (last 30 days)
It seems that there are no standard tools (from the Component Library) to add a static (i.e., not changing) image to the Display field of a App Designer app. Is there, in fact, a way to do this (perhaps with programmatic tools)? I am interested in showing images that would help the user of the App to understand the data-input requirements and how the outputs are to be applied in practice.
More Answers (2)
Kevin Chng on 31 Aug 2018
Edited: Kevin Chng on 31 Aug 2018
Hi, Mr Gan
In my practice, i use axes to host image. App designer don't allow you to modify the generated GUI code except call back. Therefore,
1) Design your GUI in app designer, drag a axes on the GUI.
2) Then, you copy the whole code then paste it in the .m file in your matlab.
3) name the .m file properly, at the first row of script, you will see this "classdef app1 < matlab.apps.AppBase", please ensure the name of your .m file is also app1. If you want to name them other than app1, we may discuss further.
4) find this in your script,
app.UIAxes = uiaxes(app.UIFigure);
app.UIAxes.Position = [52 313 560 99];
Add the imshow below the app.UIAxes.
5) Done. The limitation of this method is you can't compile it through web apps compiler. However, it don't have any issue with MATLAB compiler.
2nd Method is use Button to host your image.
1) In your app designer, you drag the button in your GUI.
2) Double click on your button, then you try to find more properties in your button properties on the bottom left of your screen.
3) click on more properties, then you will see Icon File.
4) Select the image you wanted to insert, then delete the text/words of button.
Chris Portal on 12 May 2018
Edited: Stefanie Schwarz on 26 Oct 2021