This example shows how to use a closed-loop Field-Oriented Control (FOC) algorithm to regulate the speed and torque of a three-phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM). This example uses C28x peripheral blocks and C28x DMC library blocks from the Embedded Coder Support Package for Texas Instruments C2000 Processors.
For newer versions and other hardware setup, check the shipping version of this example on this page: https://www.mathworks.com/help/supportpkg/texasinstrumentsc2000/examples/permanent-magnet-synchronous-motor-field-oriented-control.html
- TI F28027 LaunchPad
- BOOSTXL-DRV8301 with a 3-phase brushless motor and a 12-24V power supply.
More information on how the models have been created and how to use them in the following video:
Antonin (2021). Motor Control with TI LaunchPad (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/45124-motor-control-with-ti-launchpad), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Code Generation > Embedded Coder >
- Hardware, IoT, and Test & Measurement > Instrument Control Toolbox > Instrument Control Toolbox Supported Hardware >
- Physical and Event-Based Modeling > Physical Modeling > Simscape Electrical > Electrical Block Libraries > Electromechanical >
- Physical and Event-Based Modeling > Physical Modeling > Simscape Electrical > Specialized Power Systems > Motors and Generators >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!