MatPlotLib Perceptually Uniform Colormaps
Updated Sat, 05 Mar 2022 07:47:22 +0000
- the default sequential colormap VIRIDIS (as well as INFERNO, MAGMA, and PLASMA).
- the default line colororder TAB10 (as well as TAB20, TAB20B, and TAB20C).
- the perceptually uniform cyclic colormaps TWILIGHT and TWILIGHT_SHIFTED
- the colorblind-friendly sequential colormap CIVIDIS.
Stephen23 (2023). MatPlotLib Perceptually Uniform Colormaps (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/62729-matplotlib-perceptually-uniform-colormaps), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired by: colorGray, Light Bartlein Color Maps, Perceptually improved colormaps, Generate maximally perceptually-distinct colors, Matlab colormaps as seen by color-blind users, POLARMAP: Polarized colormap, Beautiful and distinguishable line colors + colormap, CubeHelix Colormap Generator: Beautiful and Versatile!, ColorBrewer: Attractive and Distinctive Colormaps, Color blind friendly colormap, Intuitive RGB color values from XKCD, rgbmap color maps, Convert between RGB and Color Names, jetwhite(Colours), hslcolormap, Perceptually uniform colormaps, gramm (complete data visualization toolbox, ggplot2/R-like), Cyclic color map, cmocean perceptually-uniform colormaps, cbrewer2
Inspired: PyColormap4Matlab, MATLAB Code for 2-D Steady State Heat Transfer PDEs
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.
Versions that use the GitHub default branch cannot be downloaded
* Update image aspect ratio
* Update image aspect ratio.
* Update image.
* Update to use HG2 default map length.
* Better overview image.
* Add error IDs.
Add YouTube link to description.
* Include colormaps CIVIDIS and TWILIGHT
* Change blurb.