Product Requirements & Platform Availability for Parallel Computing Toolbox
Mac, Windows, Linux
- Requires MATLAB
- General resource requirements for parallel computing
- Maximum of 1 MATLAB worker per physical CPU core is recommended.
- Minimum of 4 GB RAM per MATLAB worker is recommended. If you are using Simulink, 8GB RAM per worker is recommended.
- Requirements for supporting the local scheduler
- Minimum of 5 GB of disk space is recommended to accommodate temporary data directories.
- If you are using Linux or Macintosh, and will create large parallel pools of workers, it is recommended that you adjust your operating system limits. For more information, see Recommended System Limits for Macintosh and Linux.
- Requirements for GPU Computing
- Requirements for scaling across multiple computers in a cluster or cloud
- MATLAB Parallel Server extends the constructs of parallel computing to clusters and clouds.
Support for Apple Silicon Macs
Parallel Computing Toolbox now supports Apple silicon Macs with this limitation:
- Distributed and codistributed arrays are not supported for local process pools.
Eligible for Use with MATLAB Compiler and and Simulink Compiler
Introduced in R2008a
View requirements for another product: